In these Terms the following words and expressions have the following defined meanings:
1.1. ‘the Website’ means the Corvest Corporation (Pty) Ltd website.
1.2. ‘You’ means an individual who has registered with our company to access the Website to apply for a job.
1.3. ‘Guidelines’ means any relevant guidelines stipulated by Corvest Corporation (Pty) Ltd from time to time.
The Group means Corvest Corporation (Pty) Ltd (as defined by the Companies Act 1985).
2. Corvest Corporation (Pty) Ltd International Limited
2.1. Corvest Corporation (Pty) Ltd shall be responsible for the Website and we may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the web features, databases or content.
3. USE OF THE SITE
3.1. You acknowledge:
- that the Website is intended to facilitate introductions being made between you and Corvest Corporation (Pty) Ltd; and
- that you shall act in good faith and in a businesslike and courteous way; and
- that you shall keep strictly confidential all confidential information disclosed to you by the Group
3.2. You shall not be required to pay Corvest Corporation (Pty) Ltd for your use of the Website.
3.4. To avoid any possible abuse of the Website and the services and facilities it offers, we may require you to confirm at any time your identity, address and contact details and details of your current employment status and the identity of your current employer. Failure by you to provide any information requested by us within 14 days and without reasonable cause shall permit us to terminate this Agreement.
3.5. At our request you shall supply us with such information that it reasonably requires to confirm that:
- any information that has been supplied for posting on the Website is accurate; and
- that you are not in breach of this Agreement.
- Failure by you to provide any information requested by us under this Term within 14 days and without reasonable cause shall permit us to terminate this Agreement.
4. DISCLOSURE AND COLLECTION OF INFORMATION.
4.1. You confirm that:
- when posting any information on the Website you shall comply with any relevant Guidelines;
- all details submitted by you for application via the Website may be read by us; and
- any information posted by you on the Website shall remain with us until you either request its removal or it is removed by us.
4.2 To enable us to improve and/or market the Website and the services it supplies, you acknowledge that we may produce statistics based upon the use of the Website and we may contact you by email, telephone or post for feedback regarding the Website and the services provided. This process will not involve Corvest Corporation (Pty) Ltd divulging your personal details to a third party.
5.1. You shall not make any material misrepresentations or inaccuracies in respect of any information posted by you on the Website;
5.2. You confirm that you will not post or transmit on the website any material containing any virus or other disabling devices which interfere with the operation of the Website or overload the website by spamming or flooding it or take any action or use any device, routine of software to crash, delay, damage or otherwise interfere with the operation of this site.
5.3. Any breach of Term 5.1 or 5.2 shall entitle us to immediately terminate this Agreement without prior notice to you.
6. PROHIBITED USERS
2.1. You acknowledge that it is a strict requirement of entering this Agreement that you shall not be involved or in any way connected with any of the following activities:
- the provision of recruitment services; or
- any unlawful activity.
2.2. Any breach by you of Term 6.1 shall entitle us to immediately terminate this Agreement without prior notice to you.
7. OUR LIABILITY
7.1. The Website and the services and facilities Corvest Corporation (Pty) Ltd offers are provided without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. We exclude any warranty, term or condition not expressly set out in these Terms including without limitation any warranty for information, data, services, uninterrupted access, or products provided through or in connection with the Website.
7.2. You acknowledge that we shall have no liability to you under this Agreement due to the uncertainty of any particular job vacancy being filled by means of an introduction effected via the Website and because you are not required to pay us any sums to use the Website.
7.3. You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee that any employer or client will ask for your information or will interview or hire you and that we make no representation or warranties as to the final terms and duration of any appointment obtained through this website.
7.4. You acknowledge that we shall not be liable for any material inaccuracies or misrepresentations in any information where the information in question was received by us in good faith for inclusion on the Website.
7.5. You agree to indemnify Corvest Corporation (Pty) Ltd against all proceedings, costs, fees expenses, payments, liabilities, injury, death, loss and damage arising out of any claims brought against us (in negligence or otherwise) that are attributable to you failing to comply with any of the provisions of this Agreement.
7.6. You acknowledge that the indemnity given by you in the preceding Term is reasonable having regard to the fact that it is unrealistic to expect Corvest Corporation (Pty) Ltd to independently verify all the information posted by you to the Website.
7.7. We shall not be liable for any failure to perform any obligation caused by any event beyond its reasonable control.
7.8. You acknowledge that changes may over time be made by us to develop the Website and that this may result in limited periods when the Website may be out of action for this reason.
8.1. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary we may terminate this Agreement at any time on 7 days written notice.
8.2. This Agreement may be terminated by us on immediate notice;
- in any of the circumstances provided for in 3.5, 5.1, 5.2 and 6.2;
- if you should make any material misrepresentation in order to become a registered user of the Website;
- if you should use the Website for any improper use or with the intention to damage the reputation of either the Website or the services or facilities provided by the Website.
- This Agreement may be terminated by you provided you give us 14 days written notice.
9. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
2.1. You may be offered automatic links to other websites and/or material contained on other websites. We are not responsible for the content of such other websites and to the extent permitted by law disclaims all liability in respect of such content and of any other websites or content which you may be able to access from such websites.
10.1 All of the information contained in this website is the copyright of Corvest Corporation (Pty) Ltd. All trademarks, logos, software or any other of its intellectual property rights are the exclusive property of us. You may not download copy or print any of the pages of the website except for your own personal use. No copying for business or communal use is permitted.
11.1 Nothing in this Agreement shall:
- oblige us to renew this Agreement; and/or
- prevent us from winding up the Website at some future date.
11.2 You may not assign any of the rights or obligations under this Agreement.
11.3 Any notice or other communication under this Agreement shall be in writing and may be delivered:
- by hand; or
- by fax or registered post; or
- by email.
- And all communications shall be deemed to be received upon receipt.
11.4 This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the South African law.
Corvest Corporation (Pty) Ltd
Corvest Corporation (Pty) Ltd is a company registered in the Republic of South Africa.
Registered Office: Somerset West, Cape Town, Western Cape.