Our client, specializing in investments is looking to appoint a Short-Term Insurance Business Development
Manager (Short-Term Insurance, Financial Advisor, specializing in commercial or personal lines) who is
committed, driven and results oriented. The Advisers must be able to work on their own as well as in a team
environment writing business in accordance with targets set.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interact in professional manner with all clients (internal and external) in respect of new applications and
- Updating databases / data capturing.
- Answers client enquiries and questions regarding short-term insurance products, services and option
- Responds to the regular and routine client inquiries regarding short-term insurance claims, products and
- Screens phone calls, enquiries and requests.
- Organise and maintain diaries and schedule appointments.
- Client Management (Book Management).
- Assistance in administrative related support services.
- Prepare and lodge quotations, claims, proposals and renewals.
- Gathering information, following up, preparing of summaries, meeting minutes and financial analysis when
- Diary management including scheduling appointments and following up on diary requests to ensure
appropriate and constructive allocation of time.
- Timeous and accurate scheduling of meetings ensuring that venues and appropriate facilities have been
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- General Administration support & functions.
- Manage the Corporate process which includes group presentations to corporate staff, one on one
consultants, ensuring regular communication with staff, participation in corporate events, advertising and
general relationship building.
- Obtain effective turnaround time.
- Conduct a proper needs analysis and offer professional advice.
- Ensure that you are up to date with all product changes.
- Meet all KPA’s as laid down by GMAP.
- Maintain and update business trackers on a weekly basis.
- Be compliant in all activities in accordance with regulations and standards of all insurance regulations and
professional guidelines and ethics.
- Meet continuous professional development objectives as required by the industry.
PERSONAL SKILLS & QUALITIES REQUIRED:
- Go Getter & Wanting to go places in your Career.
- Well presented.
- Money Hungry.
- Success Orientated & Goal Driven.
- Undeniable Work Ethic.
- Tech Savvy.
- Relationship Building Qualities.
- Have a keen sense of timing, patience, and the ability to act quickly when the time is right.
- High Energy Confidence.
- Pay attention to the details – all round.
- Strong Sales & Influential Skills.
- Approachable & Ability to Relate to all type of Characters.
- Honesty, Integrity & Professionalism.
- Fantastic Telephonic Skills.
- Professional corporate appearance
- Persuading & Influencing
- Relating & Networking
- Working with People
- Planning & Organising (Time management)
- Coping with Pressure & Setbacks
- Adapting & Responding to change
- High stress tolerance: Able to work quickly and thrive in a high-pressure environment
- Fast learner
- Strong administrative skills
- Computer literate, Office 365 (Outlook, Excel, Word, MS Teams & PowerPoint)
- Strong co-ordination, organisational and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills
- Results orientated, pro-active and deadline driven
- Strong quality and client service orientation
- Sound analytical skills
- High initiative/self-starter/proactive and anticipate requirements
- Professionalism, excellent judgment, use of discretion, prioritization and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work and make decisions independently
- NQF Level 5
- Administration/ Short-term insurance qualification
- FAIS Compliance, as per fit and proper requirements (Minimum Credits 120, DOFA)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Sales (Face to face) in short-term insurance industry.
- Existing Book of short-term insurance clients (Minimum 300).
- Excellent sales track record.
- Good product knowledge of competitive insures in the industry.
- Be professional at all times with prospects, clients, staff and all other stakeholders.
- Experience in engagement with key business and external partners across all levels.
- Presentation skills, both one-on-one and to groups.
- Ability to present professionally to Executives and Corporate Accounts.
- Basic + Commission
- Bonus Incentive
- Salary Package Offered R 600,000.00 – R1,099,999.99
- Name Hailey
- Surname Allen
- Company Name Corvest Corporation
- Phone Number 0215690780
- Alternative Number 0215690780
- Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registered Entity Type PTY Limited
- Sector Financial
- Vacancy Title Business Development Manager (Short term) | Century City, Cape Town | Ref: GRA20210706-01
- Vacancy Type Permanent
- Vacancy Reference GRA20210706-01